- A hard-boiled egg (stove, pot, water)
- Acrylic paints in grey and white (or black and white to mix)
- A paintbrush
- A marker pen in black
How to make it:
- Place your egg in a pot and pour cold water in it until it covers the egg and a little more.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cover the pot. Once the water starts to bubble, set the timer for 12 minutes. Remove from the stove and set it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully drain the water and pour in cold water or ice water to help it cool. Wipe the egg dry when it’s cool to the touch.
- Using a light grey paint color, paint the whole egg, and let it dry.
- Take the white paint and dot two eyes for Petra and leave it to dry once more.
- Using your black marker pen, add the pupils to the eyes. Draw in the nose and mouth, you can practice on a sheet of paper first.
Now your Petra egg is complete! Why not gift it to someone you love? Post your photo and share with #PetraBook on social media.