We just finished a successful week-long blog tour in support of Tanaz Bhathena’s The Beauty of the Moment – thank you to all the bloggers who participated!
Check out their thoughts below:
Monday, April 8
- Christine @ Padfoot’s Library shared a guest post from Tanaz Bhathena
- Asma @ oasisgirlmd loved that she lives in the same city as Susan and Malcolm
- Amanda @ Brains, Books, and Brawn was rooting for their romance from the very first page
- Sabrina @ Beyond the Book Reviews liked the way the budding romance was portrayed
- Kate @ bookalong loved that Susan is a strong female lead
Tuesday, April 9
- Lucien @ Lucien in the Stars shared five other multicultural reads and offered a giveaway!
- Brittany @ BritReadsBooks loved Malcolm and Susan’s love story
- Jessica @ The Paper Trail Diary called it “incredibly authentic in such a gentle way”
- Emily @ EmilyKateReads gave us 11 reasons to read The Beauty of the Moment
- Amy @ readingwithamy called it a perfect romcom (set in Ontario!)
Wednesday, April 10
- Katelin @ Pretty Little Library really enjoyed Malcolm’s character
- Cindy @ Cindy’s Love of Books appreciated how real the romance was
- Kaitlyn @ Midsummer Night’s Read admired the themes in the book (and the cover)
- Wendy @ A Cupcake and A Latte called it “quirky, moving, beautiful, and inspiring”
- Rendz @ Reading with Rendz wrote about how much she related to Susan’s story
Thursday, April 11
- Flavia @ Flavia the Bibliophile really related to Susan’s struggle while immigrating to Canada
- Carly @ A Beauty & Her Books called it her favourite contemporary yet!
- Victoria @ The Contented Reader shared a short Q&A with Tanaz
- Kim @ Isabella’s Reading Corner featured a guest post from Tanaz about her favourite Bollywood film
- Jaaron @ Worn Pages and Ink included a short excerpt alongside her review
Friday, April 12
- Zuhra @ Venus Reads said it was a story that will linger in your mind even after you finish
- Lisa @ Remarkablylisa recommended it to anyone who likes a little angst in their lives (in a good way)
- Jamie @ Books and Ladders really connected to their internal and external conflicts
- Herminia @ Aspiring Writer appreciated the way it ended
- Delina @ Delina the Reader presented us with a playlist based on the book
Thanks for following along!
As a bonus, here’s a short Q&A with Tanaz herself:
Recommend a book for Susan and Malcolm.
Susan: The entire Amar Chitra Katha series of graphic novels
Malcolm: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson (It might have to be an audiobook though; he’s not keen on reading)
What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
Have more faith in your dreams.
What is the best piece of writing advice you have ever received?
Butt in seat. The story won’t tell itself.
What are you reading now?
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
What books do you recommend for fans of The Beauty of the Moment?
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon, 2 States by Chetan Bhagat, and You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins
5 Random Facts About Tanaz Bhathena:
- I decided to become a writer because I failed as a cartoonist.
- While visiting a foreign country, I always try to learn some of the language.
- I cry every time I watch The Lion King. During one particular scene.
- Once I figured out the fine art of using a bobby pin, I began doing my own nail art. (I’m not very good; see fact 1.)
- I’ve bungee jumped, zip lined and walked the edge of the CN Tower.